Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Easy Best Friend Shirt Dresses.

My daughter picked out this material and I picked up shirts at Walmart for $4.
The shirts have sparkling buttons and Lace! Love.
We made VERY simple Best friend dresses.
This is a 5T and a 3T.

Robert Kaufman Material, Granimals T shirt. 

Cut your shirt off about 2.5 inches from the button bottom. I cut a yard of fabric in half.
Cut one half of fabric to 40in (no worries on length as you will hem it to size) for the 3T and the 5T I left full sized at 45in. 

Right sides together, sew the fabric into a tube. And then across the top do a gather stitch and lightly gather/ruffle. 
Match up right sides to your shirt bottom and sew a zig zag stitch all around. turn right side out and top stitch for finish.
I did these dresses at 3T 23inches length and 5T 25inches length.
Cut where desired, adding an extra inch.
Fold up 1/2 inch and press and then fold up 1/2 inch and press.
Top stitch to hem. 

No comments: